2011_rel2: Global Mean Sea Level Time Series (seasonal signals removed)
2011 Release 2 (2011-07-19):
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 95-102
- Updated Sea State Bias Model on TOPEX (Jason-1/2 updated in 2011_rel1) to CLS Collinear v. 2009 (Tran et al., 2010)
- Replaced classical GDR Inverted Barometer correction on all missions with improved AVISO Dynamic Atmopshere Correction (DAC) that combines MOG2D high frequency and inverted barometer low frequency signals (Pascual et al., 2008)
- Fixed bug which resulted in rejection of two TOPEX cycles with insufficient number of retrievals from the GMSL time series. These were incorrectly included in previous releases at times 1992.9323 and 2000.6424.
- Although the latest Jason-2 GMSL estimates (cycles 95-102) are well below the trend line, most likely due to the recent La Niña (see GMSL/MEI discussion), the rate increased slightly from 3.1 to 3.2 mm/yr due to the improvements to the TOPEX SSB model and replacement of the classical IB correction with the improved DAC correction, as noted above.