- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 201-205.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 192-200.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 189-191.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 186-188.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 179-185.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 173-178.
- Per AVISO guidelines, now ignoring qual_inst_corr_1hz_sig0_ku on Jason-2/OSTM GDR (recomputed SSHA for Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 170-172).
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 170-172.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 168-169.
- Reprocessed TOPEX cycles 104 and 292 which were marked missing in previous releases.
- Fixed bug that misapplied tide model correction to TOPEX cycles. Result is reduction of corrected SSH variance during TOPEX.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 161-167.
- Switched to Jason-2 GDR-D release for all Jason-2 cycles. Updated through cycle 160.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 141-145.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 133-140.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 128-132.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 118-127.
- Reverted Jason-2/OSTM orbits to nominal CNES/GDR-T orbits.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 114-117.
- Due to latency of the GSFC STD0905 orbit product, Jason-2 cycle 113-117 uses the nominal GDR orbit instead of the GSFC STD0905 orbit.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 103-113.
- Due to latency of the GSFC STD0905 orbit product, Jason-2 cycle 113 uses the nominal GDR orbit instead of the GSFC STD0905 orbit.
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 95-102
- Updated Sea State Bias Model on TOPEX (Jason-1/2 updated in 2011_rel1) to CLS Collinear v. 2009 (Tran et al., 2010)
- Replaced classical GDR Inverted Barometer correction on all missions with improved AVISO Dynamic Atmosphere Correction (DAC) that combines MOG2D high frequency and inverted barometer low frequency signals (Pascual et al., 2008)
- Fixed bug which resulted in rejection of two TOPEX cycles with insufficient number of retrievals from the GMSL time series. These were incorrectly included in previous releases at times 1992.9323 and 2000.6424.
- Although the latest Jason-2 GMSL estimates (cycles 95-102) are well below the trend line, most likely due to the recent La Nina (we plan to add a sea level/ENSO comparison page shortly), the rate increased slightly from 3.1 to 3.2 mm/yr due to the improvements to the TOPEX SSB model and replacement of the classical IB correction with the improved DAC correction, as noted above.
2011 Release 1 (2011-05-04)
- Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 83-94.
- Updated all mission orbits to GSFC STD0905 (Lemoine et al., 2010).
- Updated Sea State Bias Models on Jason-1 and Jason-2 to CLS Collinear v. 2009 (Tran et al., 2010)
- Updated TOPEX processing to include Center of Gravity correction following a discussion during the 60-day variations splinter at the OSTST-2010 meeting.
- Updated ocean tide and loading tide models for all missions to GOT4.7 (Ray, 1999).
- Included global mean glacial isostatic adjustment (GIA) correction of -0.3 mm/yr (Peltier, 2001, 2002, 2009; Peltier & Luthcke, 2009) for all missions
- The inverted barometer correction (optional in previous releases) is now always applied for each mission.
2010 Release 5 (12/15/2010)
Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 78-82.
2010 Release 4 (10/06/2010)
Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 67-77.
2010 Release 3 (07/26/2010)
Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 62-66.
2010 Release 2 (05/06/2010)
Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 51-61.
2010 Release 1 (02/10/2010)
Now includes all GDR-C cycles. Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 44-50.
2009 Release 5 (12/04/2009)
Includes all GDR-C cycles except 69, 82, 137, 139, 178-179, and 243. Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 35-43.
2009 Release 4 (09/18/2009)
Newly added GDR-C cycles are 13, 17, 19, 25, 47, 53, 56, 65, 118, 123, 142, 148-150, 168, and 183. Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 29-34.
2009 Release 3 (07/17/2009)
Updates with more GDR-C cycles. Added Jason-2/OSTM GDR cycles 1-28.
2009 Release 2 (03/12/2009)
Fixes a bug in the implementation of 1.6 mm correction for the IB error for Jason-1 GDR-B cycles 94 through 142. Updates with GDR-C cycles are 3-6, 9-10, 12, 21, 133-135, 138, 143-145, 158, 165, 169-170, 174, 176, and 257.
2009 Release 1 (02/13/2009)
Uses GDR-C for cycles 11, 14-16, 151, 153-157, 159, 161-164, 166-167, 171-173, 177, 180, 182, 184-190, 193-242, and 244-256.
2008 Release 4 (12/11/2008)
Uses GDR-C for cycles 180, 184, 186-190, 193-194, 196-240, 244-246, and 248. Updates GDR-B with GDR-C standards, e.g., GDR-C JMR, range correction, SSB model, etc.
2008 Release 3 (09/08/2008)
For Jason-1, a bug is fixed to correctly interpolate the mean sea surface. Jason-1 GDR Version B cycles 1 through 232 are used.
2008 Release 2 (05/29/2008)
Applies an ad hoc JMR correction for Jason-1 GDR-B cycles 1 through 227. Applies 1.6 mm correction for the IB error for Jason-1 GDR-B cycles 94 through 142.
2008 Release 1 (01/16/2008)
Corrects an error in the non-IB GMSL that mainly affected the annual variation. Resulted from using an IB-corrected MSS reference. The error is corrected by estimating a local mean sea level from the non-IB data.
2007 Release 2 (12/03/2007)
T/P cycles 8 through 16 are computed by correctly applying the new TMR correction. The one-cycle-off time tag shift error is fixed.
2007 Release 1 (10/23/2007)
Uses the new TMR replacement product version 1.0 for T/P. Uses GDR-B for all Jason-1 cycles. Uses Don Chambers SSB model for T/P and the default SSB model for Jason-1 GDR-B. Correctly applies the off-nadir pointing editing criteria of Jason-1 GDR handbook.